Monday, December 21, 2009

Letter to my Senators

This is a letter that I just sent one of my state Senators, Carl Levin. I will send Sen. Debbie Stabenow a similar letter.

Sen. Levin,

I am not entirely certain why I am writing this as I don't expect you to take it seriously, anyway. This Omnibus Health Care Bill is a travesty in many ways. It will doubtlessly raise the cost of medicine, add to the deficit (despite the mathematical maneuverings of Congress in paying for 10 years of medical care with 14 years of fees and increased taxes), it will decrease the quality of medical care, and it punishes those of us who work in the health care field.

Add to that the prostitution of Sens. Nelson and Landrieu (and who knows who else) and their vote selling, and this is a bill that should never see the light of day. We, the citizens of the United States, should be able to expect better from our elected representatives.

Jeff Chesnut, DO

4 comments:

  1. I literally have been crying this evening over this latest vote of the Senate. They are selling out the future of America, for personal profit. And America is complicit in sitting idly by. Once this bill is passed, their is no going back. It is the final nail in the coffin for our economy, and thus this country as the greatest super power. As much as people wanted to complain about the supposed arrogance of America, I'm pretty sure, they are much more appreciative of the benefits of living here, than they are willing to admit. Sadly, when America wakes up to what they have done, I'm afraid it will be too late. But believe me, those with an agenda to destroy this country are laughing all the way to the bank.
    May God have mercy on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think that most people have a clue how quickly our freedoms are being eroded. Even apart from the direct effects of this bill, indirectly, it just gives the government such a control over our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used your letter as a starting point for letters to my two senators. Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." I hope that more and more people who have concerns about this destructive wave of Obama statism will say something, rather than thinking it cannot be stopped. It CAN be stopped, if more and more people speak up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Jeff, you help us say what we want to say with such clarity.

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. As long as you are polite, I have no problem with your opinion.